Monday, September 29, 2014

Thank you Lisa Wibroe

I would like to bid a fond farewell to departing Long Beach Local board member Lisa Wibroe. Lisa served 2 two year terms with us and was integral in helping me form LBL and securing the lease for our farm.

Lisa and I met in 2007 when we bought our house in the Wrigley neighborhood. She was involved in a grassroots tree planting group Wrigley is Going Green. Her, Mauna and Lee organized tree plantings, maintenance and community events surrounding tree plantings in our neighborhood. When city council approached her to start a community garden in our neighborhood she passed that torch to me. I was already doing a front porch fruit and produce exchange and it seemed like a good next step.

I was a new homeowner and didn't know anything about local politics. She held my hand and gave me late night pep talks to get me through the process. Lisa served on the Sustainable City Commission and was a homeowner in our neighborhood already for 20 years.

Lisa is an artist, mother, wife, neighbor, gardener and friend. I love her and appreciate everything she has done for me and helping me get going on my path to local agriculture. She will be missed on our board but I know I will see her around the neighborhood and that makes me happy.

You can find her here http://lbopenstudiotour.com/

Thanks again Lisa, we wish you the best of luck.

xoxo
sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment