Monday, December 9, 2013

A little about Sasha Kanno

Most of you know me as Sasha Kanno, Urban Farmer but I did have a different life before all this started. I have worked as a floral designer since 1998. I got my start in Hawaii and attended the Honolulu Academy of Art studying Ikebana. In 2000 my then boyfriend (now husband) and I moved to California and I began working at Macy's at South Coast Plaza doing windows and Christmas decorations for all 3 stores. After my time in the OC we moved to LB and I started working for a huge event company in Culver City. While working for them I designed 100's of weddings, bar and bat mitzvah parties and all kids of specialty events for our Beverly Hills clients. We were contracted to install Christmas in the hotels along the Miracle Mile as well as Manhattan Beach and Beverly Hills.

Then I worked as a floral designer at the famous Empty Vase on Santa Monica Blvd. This job is where I really stepped up my game. I serviced many famous clients weekly floral needs and also maintained the Beverly Hills Hilton.

Around this time I met some people who were working in the film industry and I wanted to give it a shot. Like everyone else I started as an assistant and worked my way up. I coordinated a ton of great, crappy, embarrassing, horrible, terrible, amazing and some epic television and feature films. I'm still a proud member of IATSE. You can read my film bio here. 

So its just a little peek into my life before chicken keeping and vegetable growing. I hope you enjoy some of the attached pictures from a magazine shoot we did a few years back.








No comments:

Post a Comment