Dear Long Beach Locals-
November marked our one year anniversary farming on Farm Lot 59. It was a tough but amazing year. We battled rabbits, hawks, beetles, bugs, drought but still managed to come out a success. We harvested over 1000lbs of heirloom tomatoes out of just 3 little rows. We focus a lot on soil health and it shows in our crops.
We have ambitions plans for 2013. Your support is the single factor that will make those plans are reality. Please donate to Long Beach Local today!
If you make a gift of support today, here's what we can accomplish in 2013.
- Help us to replenish our seed bank for 2013
- Finish building our Farmstand 59 so we can sell our produce directly to the public
- Build more planter beds along the sloping walls
- Fix a drainage problem we are having due to compacted soil
- Purchase a much needed tractor to help with farm work
- Purchase more egg laying hens (there are never enough eggs!)
- Expand our educational program to be able to host more groups
- Build a covered structure so we can have classes and groups come even if its raining
See you on the farm.
Executive Director and Farmer
Long Beach Local is responsible for the content of this email.
Sasha Kanno, 2714 California Ave, Long Beach, CA 90755
Had Enough? No hard feelings. Unsubscribe now or copy and paste the following URL into your browser: