Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wildflowers

Last year when I took a work/ personal vacay up to Santa Rosa to attend the Heirloom Seed Expo I stopped in Petaluma to visit the Seed Bank. I had visions of planting wildflowers at the farm and needed some seed. There is a nice slope in between the bee yard and the growing field that needed some something...something.

The bag of Wildflowers has been calling to me ever since. But as always at the farm it takes a lot of work to do anything. We needed to clear debris ( and I'm talking carpet, buried clothes, box springs) and pull zillions of weeds. But we did it and the seed has been sowed. Thank you to all my helpers, it was quite a task.

I tried to wait until the rain came to plant but since its never going to come I decided to just water. Someday it will rain, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment