Hello Long Beach Locals-
Happy Tuesday and market day! Come on down to the Bixby Park Farmers Market today we will have plenty of fresh eggs for your Easter Sunday. Since some eggs are blue and green you don't even need to decorate them. We will also have our blended salad mixes, stir-fry greens, and fresh herbs for you. Everything tastes better with fresh herbs.
If you are a member of Long Beach Local your $25 annual membership discount is valid anytime you shop with us. New members can sign up with us at the market.
Open Every Tuesday
Hours: 3:00pm - dusk
Located in Bixby Park
on Junipero between
1st and 2nd Streets
City of Long Beach
Thank you for supporting local agriculture in Long Beach and spending your dollars with us. When you shop with us it keeps us farming for you. See you EVERY TUESDAY!
Asparagus, Spinach, & Feta Quiche
Taken from Two Peas and Their Pod
Yield: Serves 8-10
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
A simple savory quiche made with asparagus, spinach, green onions, feta, and mozzarella cheese. This vegetarian spring quiche is great for brunch or dinner.
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
8 asparagus spears, ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
4 cups fresh baby spinach
5 large eggs
1 cup milk
3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 green onions, chopped
1 9-inch pie crust
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with pie dough and stick in freezer while you prepare the other quiche ingredients.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the asparagus spears, and spinach. Cook until asparagus spears are slightly tender and spinach is wilted. Transfer spinach to a colander. Press firmly with the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in the feta and mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Remove pie crust from the freezer. Place asparagus pieces, spinach, and green onions on the bottom of the crust. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the vegetables and into the crust.
5. Bake the quiche for 45 minutes or until quiche is set and slightly golden brown. Let quiche stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Long Beach Local is responsible for the content of this email.
Sasha Kanno, 2714 California Ave, Long Beach, CA 90755
Had enough? No hard feelings. Unsubscribe now or copy and paste the following URL into your browser: