Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Staffing up for fall

Hello Long Beach Locals-

Its hard to imagine cooler days as I sit here typing with 90 degree temps outside. I'm hoping for cooler weather and rain, lots and lots of rain.

I posted our farm on the WWOOF site today. I hope it will give the wondering farmer a nice slice of what its like to farm in the city. A lot of host farms provide housing and since we cannot do that if any of you are interested in hosting for a farmer please let me know and I'll put you on the list.

In addition to looking for WWOOFers we are also opening up to our work-share program. The application is linked at the bottom of the page. We are taking on farm hands as well as help in our farmstand. If you are unable to work physically we could use help with a newsletter or perhaps bee keeping is your thing. Lots of opportunity to learn on our farm. There is a weekly hourly commitment and we do require at least 2 days a week.

I've also written a grant to expand our fruit orchard. If you know any corporations who might be interested in being attached to this project please let us know.

I hope you are all having a great end of summer. Cooler weather coming soon I promise.

*on farm brunch coming in October, date TBD
*4th Annual Harvest Pot Luck dinner November, date TBD

Thank you for supporting local agriculture in the LBC. I posted a bunch of pictures on fb hope you check them out.

See you on the farm!

-sasha kanno, farmer

No comments:

Post a Comment